the interesting idea... the start of this project... the conversations to come



I'm a member of Post Crossing, the internet site for postcard exchange. I sent a card to another Post Crosser, Ilona from Germany. She asked that people tell her which magical power they would like to have. Her question really made me think!

In turn, I thought it would be an interesting project to ask people to pose Thought-Provoking Questions. I would do my best to answer with my opinion, and I would encourage others to add theirs.

And, so was born this blog! I hope that it will be the home for many interesting conversations in the year ahead!



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Forever, and ever, and ever and ever and ever and ever and then some more


On January 4, someone posed the question: What would you do if the average life span was only 40 years? You can check that question here.

Today, from the Netherlands, comes an opposing question:

What would you do if you had to live forever (and you're one of the few people on earth to do so)? Would you do very different things/make different choices in life?

Well, if I was assured health and relative safety, I'd travel.
I'd love recklessly and wildly because I would know that the people I loved would leave me, and I would want them to know how much I treasured them while they were here. That's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment