the interesting idea... the start of this project... the conversations to come



I'm a member of Post Crossing, the internet site for postcard exchange. I sent a card to another Post Crosser, Ilona from Germany. She asked that people tell her which magical power they would like to have. Her question really made me think!

In turn, I thought it would be an interesting project to ask people to pose Thought-Provoking Questions. I would do my best to answer with my opinion, and I would encourage others to add theirs.

And, so was born this blog! I hope that it will be the home for many interesting conversations in the year ahead!



Thursday, June 23, 2011

Seven in one blow!


Today, seven postcards containing thought provoking questions appeared in the mailbox! WOW! Suddenly, everyone is asking!

It would take a week just to post each of these, and who knows what will arrive tomorrow?

So, pick a question, any question, for discussion and answering!

The monkey and cat from Borneo wonder: what is your favorite memory from a vacation?

The statue from the Ozark Mountains (on a card sent from Utah) asks: what does it mean to be a good person in the modern world?

The wayfaring sparrow reads other people's diaries and wonders: whose journal would you like to read?

The slogans from Finland are on a card that asks: Is there a way to make the world fair?

The "art appreciator" from Finland wonders: What would you do if you won the lottery? Would money make you happy?

From Germany comes the question: What do ou think about Germans?

And last, on a crazy patchwork of signs and advertising from Hong Kong is this multiple choice question: Family, friends, career, love: what's your priority?

Break up into small groups, discuss, and report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment