the interesting idea... the start of this project... the conversations to come



I'm a member of Post Crossing, the internet site for postcard exchange. I sent a card to another Post Crosser, Ilona from Germany. She asked that people tell her which magical power they would like to have. Her question really made me think!

In turn, I thought it would be an interesting project to ask people to pose Thought-Provoking Questions. I would do my best to answer with my opinion, and I would encourage others to add theirs.

And, so was born this blog! I hope that it will be the home for many interesting conversations in the year ahead!



Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Postcard from.... the laser lab!

Well, from a physicist, anyway!
Soren, from Germany, who is an actual physicist in an actual lab working with ultra cold atoms, lasers and "a lot of quantum mechanics" sent a mind-boggling question (as befitting a deep thinking scientist kinda guy):
Can the human mind understand itself, i.e. be completely aware of itself, understanding its own purpose, reactions, etc? Or will we build artificial minds/computers that are so complex that we cannot understand them anymore?

I believe that the divine in us resides in that corner of the mind that we can never really comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment