the interesting idea... the start of this project... the conversations to come



I'm a member of Post Crossing, the internet site for postcard exchange. I sent a card to another Post Crosser, Ilona from Germany. She asked that people tell her which magical power they would like to have. Her question really made me think!

In turn, I thought it would be an interesting project to ask people to pose Thought-Provoking Questions. I would do my best to answer with my opinion, and I would encourage others to add theirs.

And, so was born this blog! I hope that it will be the home for many interesting conversations in the year ahead!



Sunday, July 3, 2011

Time to Curate


We're beginning July. In two months' time, this project will be a year old. I am tickled by the response, and I'm already working on ways to keep the backs of the postcards interesting. Questions are still arriving, sometimes as many as a half-dozen a day!

It's hard to keep up!

So, I'm going to have to switch to a "curated" approach, especially because some of the questions are starting to be "repeats." I can hardly expect a person to scan every single post to determine if his or her question has already been asked!

From now on, I'll post questions that I haven't received before. That way, I'll be able to register cards at Post Crossing in a timely way, but still keep things entertaining over here.

For today: Would you risk your life for a perfect stranger?

I'm thinking that in an impulsive situation, I probably would. I'd push someone out of the way of a vehicle, for example.

In a more calculated way, I'd assess risk, I guess.

What about you? (I know you're out there, reading!)

No comments:

Post a Comment