the interesting idea... the start of this project... the conversations to come



I'm a member of Post Crossing, the internet site for postcard exchange. I sent a card to another Post Crosser, Ilona from Germany. She asked that people tell her which magical power they would like to have. Her question really made me think!

In turn, I thought it would be an interesting project to ask people to pose Thought-Provoking Questions. I would do my best to answer with my opinion, and I would encourage others to add theirs.

And, so was born this blog! I hope that it will be the home for many interesting conversations in the year ahead!



Sunday, May 15, 2011

Unanswerable question?

From the Bahamas:
Would you rather be blind or deaf?
First of all, the question assumes I am not... blind or deaf or both.
Second, as a fully sighted, hearing individual, I can't really imagine those alternate states.
Third, BEING blind or BEING deaf are very different situations than BECOMING blind or BECOMING DEAF.
In the end, I am sure I cannot choose.
Great thought-provoking question, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment