the interesting idea... the start of this project... the conversations to come



I'm a member of Post Crossing, the internet site for postcard exchange. I sent a card to another Post Crosser, Ilona from Germany. She asked that people tell her which magical power they would like to have. Her question really made me think!

In turn, I thought it would be an interesting project to ask people to pose Thought-Provoking Questions. I would do my best to answer with my opinion, and I would encourage others to add theirs.

And, so was born this blog! I hope that it will be the home for many interesting conversations in the year ahead!



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

America, the Revised


Bert sent along a re-identified card of America with Belgian cities plotted on it and asked a "reimagining" question:

What would America look like today if the "white man" had not killed off the Indians and respected every treaty?

Something radically different, I am sure.

1 comment:

  1. Since this is speculative history of the "what if" variety, the possibility is open to interpretation. From a historical lense, Had the United States honored its earliest treaties with the Native Nations, particularly the first with the Delaware in 1778 then the US would have been limited to the initial colonies along the eastern coast while the western coast would have been dominated by Spain. The regions between the Appalachian mountains and California would have seen the eventual rise of larger native nation-states in conflict with one another and the American Colonies on one side, Spain on the other and Britain in the North.

    G. Tieyah, Comanche nation citizen
    gdtieyah@nativeweb.net

    ReplyDelete