the interesting idea... the start of this project... the conversations to come



I'm a member of Post Crossing, the internet site for postcard exchange. I sent a card to another Post Crosser, Ilona from Germany. She asked that people tell her which magical power they would like to have. Her question really made me think!

In turn, I thought it would be an interesting project to ask people to pose Thought-Provoking Questions. I would do my best to answer with my opinion, and I would encourage others to add theirs.

And, so was born this blog! I hope that it will be the home for many interesting conversations in the year ahead!



Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Similar thoughts from Poland, Spain, and Lithuania


From Poland comes this query:

Why are people so rude to persons who they don't even know?

And from Spain:

Why are we always worrying about what makes us different (race, religion, country, tradition, language) when we should have a little more perspective and think about our true essence, the things that make us all be human and start acting as a single and more mature being?

And from Lithuania (summing it up nicely):

What is the highest value of human life?
It is, after all, all about what value we place on the lives of others, in addition to our own. I wish I had the answers to these questions. I wish we all did.

No comments:

Post a Comment