the interesting idea... the start of this project... the conversations to come



I'm a member of Post Crossing, the internet site for postcard exchange. I sent a card to another Post Crosser, Ilona from Germany. She asked that people tell her which magical power they would like to have. Her question really made me think!

In turn, I thought it would be an interesting project to ask people to pose Thought-Provoking Questions. I would do my best to answer with my opinion, and I would encourage others to add theirs.

And, so was born this blog! I hope that it will be the home for many interesting conversations in the year ahead!



Thursday, October 14, 2010

Worst Case Scenarios


From the Netherlands comes this question:

What's the worst thing that could happen to you?

I think that for most people, some physical calamity is the first thing that springs to mind: disease, injury, impairment. And, I have to say, I have thought of that. I am a writer and an editor and most important of all, a reader; I fear losing my sight. But I know there are ways around that.

The world has been riveted by the story of the Chilean miners' rescue, so even though such a fate (had things turned out otherwise) would be a "worst thing," I know that the real odds of a similar even happening in my life are really slim.

So, what IS the worst thing I could imagine? I think, in the end, the worst thing I could imagine is living a life without love. I have had the enormous good fortune to be loved by some amazing people, and not having had that would truly be a "worst thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment