the interesting idea... the start of this project... the conversations to come



I'm a member of Post Crossing, the internet site for postcard exchange. I sent a card to another Post Crosser, Ilona from Germany. She asked that people tell her which magical power they would like to have. Her question really made me think!

In turn, I thought it would be an interesting project to ask people to pose Thought-Provoking Questions. I would do my best to answer with my opinion, and I would encourage others to add theirs.

And, so was born this blog! I hope that it will be the home for many interesting conversations in the year ahead!



Monday, February 14, 2011

Nosing Around?


What are the odds that I'd get two postcards concerning themselves with noses? Yes, indeed, the old olfactory organ is the topic of the cards in this post.

On the left, on a card from Julia, comes the question:
What's going to happen to Pinnocchio if he says that his nose is getting longer? Did he lie?
The two images to the right of Julia's card are the front (the finger) and the back (the nose) of the same card from Elisa from Finland. Her question is a simple one:
What's your nose taste?
Now, the reason that I had to show the back of Elisa's card is that THAT's where the nose is. As you can see, I've obscured her writing, but write she did in the teensiest tiniest little handwriting all around the nose she drew herself, which (she says) is modeled after her own.

So, as far as Pinnocchio is concerned, I think that's one of those liar/truthteller puzzles and they always make my brain itch.

As for Elisa and her question of taste.... well, I will keep trying (in the privacy of my room) to taste my own nose. And, if I should ever be able to achieve the feat, I will report in.



No comments:

Post a Comment