the interesting idea... the start of this project... the conversations to come



I'm a member of Post Crossing, the internet site for postcard exchange. I sent a card to another Post Crosser, Ilona from Germany. She asked that people tell her which magical power they would like to have. Her question really made me think!

In turn, I thought it would be an interesting project to ask people to pose Thought-Provoking Questions. I would do my best to answer with my opinion, and I would encourage others to add theirs.

And, so was born this blog! I hope that it will be the home for many interesting conversations in the year ahead!



Sunday, February 13, 2011

Three More Questions!


So, from left to right, there's Ilona from Netherlands, Leonardo from Slovenia, and Inga from Norway.

In the same order, here are there questions:

Ilona, who lives near the sea, wonders whether the sea levels are actually rising and what it means to her if they are.

Leonardo explains the image on his card: the yin-yang symbol shows good and bad, nay and night, two opposite energies causing everything to happen, and asks, "there's a lot of bad in the world lately; do you think bad will win, that the yin-yang symbol will become one big black circle?"

Inga, who I learned spent a year in Japan so she asks her question from experience, wonders why all Japanese people seem to love Americans.

In the same order, my "answers:"

I think so. One only has to consider the island of Tuvalue which will be underwater in a very short time!

I certainly hope not. I hope there will always be a pinprick of light in the darkness, and I hope that's enough.

I had no idea they did, but my guess would be that we have, in equal parts, an attraction to and a revulsion toward the unfamiliar. But that's just a guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment