the interesting idea... the start of this project... the conversations to come



I'm a member of Post Crossing, the internet site for postcard exchange. I sent a card to another Post Crosser, Ilona from Germany. She asked that people tell her which magical power they would like to have. Her question really made me think!

In turn, I thought it would be an interesting project to ask people to pose Thought-Provoking Questions. I would do my best to answer with my opinion, and I would encourage others to add theirs.

And, so was born this blog! I hope that it will be the home for many interesting conversations in the year ahead!



Saturday, February 5, 2011

A year... and a day?


From the other side of my continent comes this thought-provoker:

If you had the chance to visit the future for one year, what year would you choose and why?

Well, my original thought was to return the year AFTER I died, to make sure people were still missing me, but then I decided that idea was entirely too petty, and well. human.

Now, I think maybe the year 3000. I remember how astonished I was (as a child) to realize that I'd was going to be alive in the year TWO THOUSAND and how astonised I was (as an adult) to realize that it wasn't such a big deal after all. Perhaps THREE THOUSAND might be enough of a shift.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could just see what next year looks like.
    I like the postcard... But being didn't it depress you?

    TMS

    ReplyDelete